Saturday, February 18, 2012

What Is This Feeling?

I have arrived back in Guelph tonight,
and for the first time ever, my house doesn't feel like my home.
It feels like I'm just, visiting.
Because I am "just visiting".
I was unpacking all my stuff, thinking about how in a week I'm going to have to pack it all back up again to go back home.
(At school I call my rez "home", but I have never called it that when I'm in Guelph.)

You would think that this would make me sad, but why should it?
Guelph will always be my home,
but now so is Toronto.
And when I'm in Toronto I feel older,
more independent.
Am I finally growing up?
If so, I love the feeling.
"These times are a changin" as Bob Dylan would say,
And I'm ready for it this time around.

"Goodbye until tomorrow, goodbye until the rest of my life! And I have been waiting, I have been waiting for you"   ~ Catherine, The Last Five Years

No comments:

Post a Comment